This Code of Conduct applies to all of our umpires.
TRUE SPORT UMPIRES’ CODE OF CONDUCT
- Understand and adhere to BYLAW #1 ‘The Spirit of Junior Football’.
- Modify rules and regulations to match the skill level of children and their needs. #BeSafe
- Compliment all participants on their efforts. #BringYourBest
- Be consistent, objective and courteous in calling all infractions. #ShowRespect
- Condemn unsporting behaviour and promote respect for all opponents. #ShowRespect
- Ensure that the “spirit of the game” for children is not lost by using common sense and not over emphasizing errors. #HaveFun
- Publicly encourage rule changes which will reinforce the principles of participation for fun and enjoyment. #HaveFun
- Ensure that your behaviour is consistent with the principles of good sporting behaviour. Actions speak louder than words. #PlayFair
- Make a personal commitment to keep yourself informed of sound officiating principles and the principles of growth and development of children. #BeSafe
- Avoid use of derogatory language based on gender. #ShowRespect