This Code of Conduct applies to all of Parents of Registered Junior, Youth and Auskick players. It also applies to all spectators at every game.
TRUE SPORT PARENTS’ & SPECTATORS’ CODE OF CONDUCT
- Understand and adhere to BYLAW #1 ‘The Spirit of Junior Football’.
- Encourage children to participate in Sport and have fun. Although remember this is about their ambition, and not yours. #HaveFun
- Encourage children to always participate according to the rules. #PlayFair
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a game. #ShowRespect
- Remember that children learn best from example. Applaud good plays by both teams. #ShowRespect
- If you disagree with an official, raise the issue through the appropriate channels rather than questioning the official’s judgment and honesty in public. #ShowRespect
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities. #ShowRespect
- Recognise the value and importance of volunteer coaches, managers and helpers. Put your hand up to volunteer yourself. #GiveBack
- Remember that children play organised sports for fun. They are not playing for the entertainment of spectators, nor are they are not mini adults. Let them have fun and enjoy their junior sport experience. #HaveFun
- Condemn the use of violence in any form, be it by spectators, coaches, officials or players. #ShowRespect
- Encourage players to follow the rules and the umpire’s decisions. #PlayFair
- Encourage your child to play multiple sports – they do not need to specialise and play one sport all year round. #BeHealthy
- Demonstrate appropriate social behaviour by not swearing, using derogatory language, harassing players, coaches, umpires or volunteers.#ShowRespect